Friday, 15 April 2016

lake song dream


forest sighs
in leafy yawns
to "Kumbaya's" and "Once Upon's"

cricket chirps
soft bull frog croaks
faint hum of little critter notes

shushing waves
call of the loon -
lake song ... beneath a lantern moon

note:  Slowly, getting back on my feet - literally - and, at long last,  my horrible back muscle spasm seems to be simmering down.  This is my third go-round with this wretched thing over a lifetime (though one never gets used to it) - quite benign, I gather - rather like having a giant charlie horse in your back for a couple of weeks.   I am majorly behind in visiting blogs and will try to begin catching up.  Any attempt to do anything, seems to make it that much worse.  It really makes one's heart go out to people who live with chronic pain.

 All this lying about, got me dreaming of my beloved lakes.  The picture (that I have posted before) was taken years ago by my daughter.  So lovely and serene - it captures that end-of-day-at-the-lake feeling, so beautifully and is a favorite of mine.

photo:  photo:  End of Day Around the Campfire – B. Bourke

© 2016 Wendy Bourke 

22 comments:

  1. Oh..Hope you are better now Wendy, to live with such pain is a nightmare...Love the whispers of Nature in the words and the visual of a lantern moon....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What so unfortunate Wendy! Glad you're getting better now, Ma'am! The wonderful words said so!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy, hope you are doing better, and don't feel a pressure to visit.. You have a huge positive balance to withdraw from, you took me back to my years of being a scout with your campfire delight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're feeling better... big hugs!!
    As always lovely write.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so soft, beautiful and melodious :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lake song ... beneath the lantern moon...what a beautiful image! Hope you feel better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is good to have a place to travel to when we are sore and weary - i do hope you feel better soon and i could smell and hear the crackle of that lovely camp fire

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are many places that trigger fond memories of our past. I too have a few lakes off the beaten track that do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the feeling you have portrayed in this poem, Wendy.....the peacefulness at the lake at the end of the day. So many sights and sounds. A comforting place.

    Sorry about the back pain, Wendy. And yes, you are right, it must be awful to have chronic pain. Hope you are back on your feet PAINLESS very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you more healing and washing away of the pain soon Wendy...this was a masterpiece of image and rhyme taking me back to lake and camping days!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Lake song beneath the lantern moon".....such a beautiful poem and photo, which drew me into lake magic. Wendy, I am so sorry your back has been so fierce for so long. Glad to know you are finally mending but take it very slow, you dont want it to seize up again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you are feeling better... lovely piece
    ZQ

    ReplyDelete
  13. The gorgeous photograph and your dreamy words are the perfect pairing....utterly peaceful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the sounds and that last line is gorgeous:

    lake song ... beneath the lantern moon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous writing Wendy! Soft and so vivid!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your words bring comfort the image is soothing. Life seems better under a lantern moon. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enchanted view really..like the sounds you created with words...sending you much Love!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A lovely feeling of peace in your words.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sigh...this is so pleasant. I want to live in this poem right now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want to live in this poem too. And it works very well with your photo.

    I understand about back problems; I hope you continue to feel better.

    ReplyDelete