Tuesday, 31 May 2016

Vanishing Money

HEAD DOODLING BACK


One thing that I would like to know
Is:  where does all the money go?


Is it just me - I cannot tell -
Cast under the vanishing money spell.


The money's there - and then, I swear:
It disappears into thin air.


I've heard that money  "ebbs and flows"
And I've got  the "ebb" down pat, gawd knows.


So,  I'm either doing the "flowing" thing wrong.
Or the money's there - then"Poof" it's gone.


photo:  Vanishing Money Graphic - W. Bourke  

© 2011 Wendy Bourke

9 comments:

  1. ha- my money seems to vanish as well,
    maybe you can pull a lucky rabbit
    out of that hat.

    I hope you are feeling better Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes - much better, though I am starting on some physio. The back spasm finished doing its thing quite awhile ago, but it left behind an achy back which, seems to need a bit of persuading. Hopefully, it will depart soon, now that I am "taking it on" more proactively, and I can get back to my joy ... tromping through the trails of BC to be (in the words of Mary Oliver) dazzled and then reflective - (to say, nothing of restored).

      Delete
    2. Wendy, I do hope your back improves, it is hard to do much with an aching back. I smiled at this poem. I saw two zeroes on one of the bills in the hat and thought "I cant remember when (or if) I ever saw a hundred dollar bill............."

      Delete
  2. in our mythology Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth is said to be very light footed, doesn't stay in one place for long :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Money is a master of the disappearing act. You nailed it. This piece made me grin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! & I love Sumana's comment....I think it explains perfectly why money passes through one's hands so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very entertaining, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha.. a long time since I experienced that... but I can see it happen. With all those little plastic things we cannot really keep trace of those bills vanishing.

    ReplyDelete