Tuesday 21 January 2014

Iconlexia

HEAD DOODLING BACK:


I pushed on the button to go up.
And the lift doors proceeded to close.
I pushed on a button to hold for a man -
And the doors almost took off his nose.
 

The look on his face told the story:
He thought me exceedingly rude.

Slamming the doors in his face, just like that:
I've got myself some attitude.


And I thought:  Clearly, I'm icon challenged.
And all-thumbs with all-arrows, god knows.
But I do try to hit the "hold" arrow, I swear . . .
Before pushing the arrow to "close".


So . . . let me just say:  mea culpa,
And offer to share half the blame.
For I meant no offense, sir.
And in my defense, sir:

←  ↓ → ↕ ↵ ↑←  ↓ → ↕ ↵ ↑↓ →

Those icons are really a pain.

Sometimes I go up, when I want to go down.
Sometimes, I resort to the stairs.
The floors I have been to!  The people I’ve seen!

It’s a pitiful state of affairs. 


note:  A parody of:  Oh, the Places You’ll Go!  by Dr. Seuss.

photo:  Elevator Iconlexia (pictured is the elevator in the Vancouver Marine Building) - W. Bourke

© 2011 Wendy Bourke

2 comments:

  1. haha...i love that seussical....i used to read it at the end of my training sessions...fun play on it...oh you'd be surprised what you see on the way....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brian. I had a lot of fun with this one.

    ReplyDelete